Tuesday 10 June 2014

Grafham - 10 June

Nice sunny day.  First trip on the Domane bike, meeting the others at Waresely.  Realised as I locked up that I didn't have the key.  The staff had heard it all before, saying a few cyclists had done the same.  They promptly despatched the lock with bolt cutters.

Lunch stop was at Graffam Water, with the 8 sitting outside but taking rather a long time to finish their meals. On to Huntingdon and Houghton Mill, stopping off for an ice cream.

Then made for the guided bus route.  Turned off thinking I knew the way but twice came up against the A14 with nowhere to cross.  Then found the Conington turn and turned for home into a stiff breeze.  Seemed to take ages and I was surprised to find it was 6.40 before I arrived home  -  to a livid Hilary.  Very tired!


No comments:

Post a Comment